Is there anything worse than a black gel polish that isn’t very, well… black? Dark grays and charcoals do not count. Are you sick of having to put on more than two coats of black gel nail polish in order to get deep, black, shiny and glossy nails? If so, we have the solution…
So much black gel nail polish, so little time… There are so many different types and brands of black gel nail polish, how do you know which is the best to use and which is right for you? Read on for a complete list of the best black gel nail polish brands and where to find them.
Back in Black: Sleek & Sophisticated to Rock & Roll
1. Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Topcoat - This black gel polish is truly a miracle. Sally Hansen provides a true black that only requires a single coat of black gel and one coat of topcoat for shiny, beautiful black nails. That’s it. Sally Hansen saves the day again!
2. OPI GelColor Soak-Off Black Gel Polish - Black Dress Not Optional - Has OPI ever disappointed? We didn’t think so either… OPI provides a true gelish black, which is easy to apply and easy to remove (not that you would want to). The only requirements are one coat of polish, one top coat, and a little black dress.
3. Gelish Soak Off Gel Nail Polish, Black Shadow - Gelish is one of the top gel nail polish brands available for at-home and salon use. Gelish provides a quality product that doesn’t chip or peel and is easy to soak off in 10 to 15 minutes. It also hardens under a lamp in approximately 30 seconds. This gelish black will stay a shiny black for up to three weeks!
4. IBD Just Gel Polish, Black Lava - IBD’s “Just Gel” black gel polish is easy to apply and easy to soak off, providing you with that rich, dark, shiny black you are going for. IBD also provides an even color, which keeps your black gel nail polish smooth and sleek. The IBD gel formula is also designed to help keep nails strong and healthy, without chipping and peeling, and keeping nails looking hot in black.
5. DND - Gel & Lacquer - Black Licorice - Not only does this sound delicious, it’s also a prime black gel polish. DND® offers a line of Soak-Off black gel polish, which is applied smoother, thinner, and lasts longer. No base coats, primers or bond aids are needed with this fabulous brand. Just a two-step application system, fast results, and a long-lasting gelish black for weeks!
Once You Go Black…
So whether you are going for a sleek and sophisticated look to complement that little black dress for a night on the town or a rock and roll concert, we are certain that with these choices of black gel polish, you really WON’T go back!
Do you have a favorite black gel polish that you can’t live without? If so, we’d love to hear about it! Be sure to let us know your thoughts in the comments box below. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends!